- Makes: 4 to 6 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 5
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh or frozen fish steaks or fillets (such as tuna, sea bass, swordfish, or salmon), cut 1 inch thick
- 6 garlic, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 onion, quartered
- 1/2 red sweet pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups fresh arugula (optional)
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry. Place fish in a shallow dish. Set aside. For marinade, in a blender or food processor combine the garlic, onion, sweet pepper, wine, oil, ketchup, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Cover and blend or process until finely chopped; stir in the cilantro.
- Transfer half of the marinade to a small bowl; cover and chill until ready to serve. Spoon remaining marinade over fish; turn fish to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours, turning fish occasionally.
- Drain fish, discarding marinade. Grill fish on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, gently turning once halfway through grilling time. If desired, serve fish over arugula. Top with reserved pepper mixture. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 256 cal., 7 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 76 mg chol., 321 mg sodium, 5 g carb. (1 g fiber, 2 g sugars), 40 g pro.
Vegetables (d.e): 0.5; Fat (d.e): 1; Lean Meat (d.e): 3.5